View Single Post
Old
02-18-2014, 10:30 AM
tujague

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
I'm about #3 or #4. I don't have the depth some of the other guys do but I think I have some better youth than them. I suppose we'll find out in a few seasons when they mature.
That's where we differ. I definitely do not have better youth than the Boileronas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakezomg View Post
Not getting good youth pulls from my SA makes it hard to keep up. I've had high level facilities for quite a while now, and it just hasn't paid off compared to the rest of you guys. Just as a rough comparison of current rosters - Boilermakers have 6 National Team players, 4 U20, and 4 U17 that have come from his own SA, FC Corona has 2 NT and 3 U17 quality players on the team, but he's also sold a bunch of pulls that were good enough to make the roster of the youth teams. Arlington Betamax has 5 NT, 5 U20, and 1 U17 players, Bombsville Atomics have 4 NT, 2 U20, 2 U17, and I've got 0 NT, 1 U20 player, and 1 U17 player came from my academy that I sold because he's not that good, but I guess the team is desperate for defense.

So, that's a pretty big disparity in the quality of youth pulls over the last 5+ seasons, which means I'll steadily be falling behind, except for the occasional multi-hundred million dollar purchase, until my squad of purchased 18-year-olds gets in their mid 20s, and are ready to start.
What are your average pulls like? I don't get the super stars (although they look a lot better now that I have SA15), but my soccer SA regularly puts out 3.5 star players. Sometimes those guys are useful, sometimes they are fatally flawed. But it's a fairly consistent stream of 3.5 star players. I kind of expect one every week now. I don't always get one, but I always expect it.

Hockey is completely different. I went 7-8 seasons with only one good pull. And I haven't had anyone with starter potential, youth pull or otherwise, reach 18 & 6/6.