View Single Post
Old
02-18-2014, 01:13 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I actually have never been high on Josh Morrissey. He will never become an all around #1 d, but more of an offensive type guy who is a liability in his own zone. Morin has the potential to be that dynamic and rare player who can make the difference at both sides of the ice. I was also not too much in love with the pick at the time, but have grown to like him. I haven't watched an extraordinary amount of Rim games but have caught about 6-8 of them. Morin is impressive out there. I love the way he skates. Raw as can be but this year is very promising that he is contributing offensively a little more while not getting the PP time he was earlier.

Now, I completely disagree with him being 4-5 years away. If you mean from playing in the NHL, I could argue every person in every NHL teams scouting department will disagree with you as well. If Morin is 22-23 years old playing in the AHL, you can start to question whether it was the right pick. If Morin doesn't make the team next year(which I think he has a chance) and goes back to juniors, I will say he is a lock to make in in 2015-2016 year. Morin is raw but has the talent and hockey IQ to develop his game more at the pro level as well.

Also, one major flaw with the 4-5 or 3-4 years out thinking is we all know there is absolutely no way the Flyers management does that. They like their kids to contribute much quicker than that, I don't think that changes now with Morin.
No, not 4 to 5 years playing in the NHL. 4 to 5 years from really making an impact. He's still so raw and yes, maybe he develops better at the NHL level, but it's also possible that he could completely implode at the NHL level. Management and coaching staff really need to be patient and be cautious in handling Morin's development. Physically, he might be ready for the NHL. But mentally, skill wise and overall ability wise, he might not be ready. With a guy like Morrissey, he might be able to make the jump next year and within two years, he's impact offensive defenseman. As for Morrissey's defensive game, it's much better than what he's been given credit for. This is a guy who plays a good, physical game and has incredible wheels to get himself back into position. There's nothing wrong with Morrissey's overall game at all.