View Single Post
Old
02-18-2014, 12:14 PM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Chase and Moroz are two interesting prospects. Both look to be bottom six guys if they turn out. But both collect points in different ways

Chase has 30 goals and 39 assists (positive G:A ratio) whereas Moroz has 31 goals and 27 assists (Negative G:A ratio)

It seems like bigger prospects who put up more goals then assists in Jr. tend to do so because they are bigger than opponets, but lack the playmaking skills to become a useful pro. Then when they get to the pros, they lose the size advnatage they had in junior and top as Clifford type players.

Whereas a guy like Chase is scoring goals, but also picking up alot of assists. I think Chase has better potential as it appears he is a smarter hockey player with better playmaking skills (who can also score)

For comparison Gallagher scored 91 points (44 goals 47 assists) in 66 games in his post draft year (1.37)

Marchand scored 33-47-80 in 57 in his post draft season (1.4)

Chase is currently at a 1.17 ppg.

This doesnt take into account powerplay time, even strength scoring, or quality of linemates. But all 3 led their teams in scoring in their post draft years
I guess Curtis Lazar looks to be a Clifford type player.

Mitch Holmberg projects to be a Clifford type player.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote