Thread: Make Your Move
View Single Post
Old
02-11-2007, 05:39 AM
Zach and Slater
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
WOW!!! I come over to this board for the first time to post a thread as to why Gainey should be doing everything he can to get Horcoff off of us and it's already said!!! AMAZING! Anyways, your bang on, he's the guy YOUR team needs. I'm not trying to sell him to you I'm just going to give you facts. GREAT defensivly, gritty, blocks shots, gets timely goals, GREAT on faceoff's, had PHENOMINAL chemistry with Samsonov late last year(4 on 4 Mac T would put them out together, nobody could touch them, they would dominate....no lie), and plays great with talent AKA Sammy and Kovalev. I don't know of a better fit.

Now after all this all you Habs fans are saying "yeah, then why the hell do you want to deal him?" Because I think we should sell and get ready for next season, we got Jarret Stoll who is ready for 1st line duty, we got Schremp, Pouliot and Broadziak who should all be in the NHL next year (despite what people say about Schremp's play this season). I don't mind Horcoff, but he only produces for us with Smyth and Hemsky. He would be a perfect fit on your team because he would be playing with so many talented guys. His 3.6 mil tag is steep compared to Stoll's 2.2 and the 900K(give or take obviously) that a rookie costs. It just makes the most sense, but of course the guy is averaging over a point a game over his last 16 games, is on pace for about 60 points this season, had 73 points last season, and was a clutch playoff preformer last year.....he would cost a good price. I was thinking a 1st round pick +....the + with you guys....maybe Perezhogin but I say that without knowing much about the kid and how much you value him, so I apologize in advance if I've underestimated his value. But I think given he's ok contract that lasts another 2 seasons there for no NEED to move him at the deadline, he'll cost a lot.

Again, I'm not trying to sell you guys on him, I just think he's the perfect fit for your team. A gritty 2nd line centre that has great chemistry with your most underachieving player....sounds like a HECK of a fit!

Zach and Slater is offline   Reply With Quote