Thread: Prospect Info: David Musil vs. Oscar Klefbom
View Single Post
Old
02-18-2014, 08:18 PM
topchowda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Hes also 31 now and on the decline of his career. Are you really going to argue that adding Penner to the current roster doesn't make us a better team? Or that having him the last few years would have given us a bit more depth and leadership during the rebuild and helped these guys turn it around a bit quicker? The Penner deal was a loss as soon as Teubert became a bust, the only way this deal looks half decent is if Klefbom turns out alright. We shouldn't even be including Klefbom, just like we shouldn't include Eberle in the Pronger deal or Lucic in the Samsonov deal. If these guys turn out great it makes the trade not seem so bad. But when the main guy we acquired (Teubert) is no longer with the org 3 years after the deal that speaks volumes to me.
I don't get it? You claiming we past up on a 30 goal scorer, but he hasn't scored 30 since he was traded, and you admit he wont score 30 in the future.

We should absolutely include firsts, as those have a better chance of turning out. If we traded Yakupov for only 3 firsts (arbitrary number) and got Ekblad, Mcdavid, and what ever peewee kid will be #1 in 2016, would you claim we traded Yakupov for nothing?

But for 34d/4th round picks where the prospects are a massive unknown, the players picked in the deal should really be attributed back I agree though

The 1st was a pretty key part of the deal. Look at the Iginla or JBo trade, the 1sts were the main part

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote