Thread: Prospect Info: David Musil vs. Oscar Klefbom
View Single Post
Old
02-18-2014, 09:10 PM
topchowda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I'm an LA Kings fan. Penner had a good playoffs. Who the hell cared what he did in the regular season its the playoffs that matter. (I guess we forget that here)

Judging from your statistical analysis you didn't even watch the games. Or you wouldn't be comparing Penners contribution with Dwight King, or Trevor Lewis.

Also, nobody stated Penner was "responsible for the cup" He was a very helpful ingredient and had a pretty physical playoffs, was hard to play against, and created a lot of space for linemates. The good Penner most definitely showed up in the playoffs that year.

Finally, it doesn't matter one iota subsequent to trade that Penner is a declining asset, he's not even the Kings asset anymore. Kings cashed in their chips. Jury is out on what we got in deferred assets.

lets keep it real here too. Plenty of posters here figured Teubert was a meaningful part of this transaction ftr and that his involvement made the trade more palatable in getting a player back.
But of course that was debunked as I stated at the time.

This is NOTHING about Klefbom either. Maybe he turns into a stud. But one can't assume that either. For now, and that's all I stated, Kings won this hands down.
I guess well have to agree to disagree, because if Penner was on the Oilers, he wouldn't have made the playoffs, so wed have to judge his regular seasons (which were horrible)

The Kings traded beans for a useful playoff player, and won the cup, so they are happy.

But just because they won the cup doesn't automatically make the Oilers lose the deal. If we had kept Penner he would have had 2 horrible seasons, and would have signed elsewhere. So we would have literally been left with nothing. His depature marginally hurt the Oilers, and Klefboms emergence will have a bigger impact

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote