View Single Post
Old
02-19-2014, 12:07 AM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
I don't get it? You claiming we past up on a 30 goal scorer, but he hasn't scored 30 since he was traded, and you admit he wont score 30 in the future.

We should absolutely include firsts, as those have a better chance of turning out. If we traded Yakupov for only 3 firsts (arbitrary number) and got Ekblad, Mcdavid, and what ever peewee kid will be #1 in 2016, would you claim we traded Yakupov for nothing?

But for 34d/4th round picks where the prospects are a massive unknown, the players picked in the deal should really be attributed back I agree though

The 1st was a pretty key part of the deal. Look at the Iginla or JBo trade, the 1sts were the main part
Penner was a 30 goal scorer the year before we dealt him IIRC. Thats where the 30 goal scorer came from. And when I look at the deal I look at the pick and where it was ranked. So taking that into consideration would you accept a 19th overall pick who may or may not turn out in 4-7 years for a 28 year old player in his prime who had already had two 30 goals seasons with another year left on his deal and no reason to trade him? Tambo got taken out behind the barn on the Penner deal, the fact that he didn't get any of Clifford, King, or Voynov in the deal show how incompetent Tambo was. Tambo stated he was going to make a big strong team. He then has a chance to pick up guys for cheap that bring that game and didn't pull the trigger.

raab is offline   Reply With Quote