View Single Post
Old
02-19-2014, 01:11 AM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather 4 Ever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
yea let's resign him so Lindberg can spend another year in the AHL Lindberg should be called up just in case Boyle walks. remember as a first time UFA, he might take advantage of that. players like him dont play long.. how many 4th line forwards that play past the age of 33 (likely a 5 year deal as an UFA)... not many...
Why should we throw Lindberg in? Just because? All reports say he's developing well, but isn't ready for the NHL. Why get rid of roster players because we have prospects building up? Who's to say Lindberg won't be a worse player for the first few years of his career than Boyle is at the same time?

I know everyone here is obsessed with prospects but the goal is to build a winning team. Not every prospect we have is going to make it (not saying Lindberg won't). Actually a large majority of prospects don't become NHL regulars. Why not re-sign Boyle and make the prospects such as Lindberg, force our GM's hand and play their way onto the team? Then you have a signed roster player who will definitely be worth assets in a trade when he's under contract.

I'm also of the belief that players such as Boyle are more important than most on here think. Glue guys, veterans who are great in the room and do anything to win. Sorry, but I think the only reason to get rid of Boyle (let him walk) is if he prices himself out. Otherwise re-sign him 2.3x3 or 2.1x4.