View Single Post
Old
02-11-2007, 12:49 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Zids plus [maybe a 2nd or 3rd pick or Upshall] for Forsberg makes the most sense to me from a value standpoint, given Zid's contract]......but I wouldn't be surprised if it is something less like Klein/Franson/or Parent, Upshall and 1st or 2nd.

I don't see Radulov being involved....UNLESS Forsberg is going to be more than a rental for the Preds AND his surgically deformed foot issue has been resolved moreso than what has been in the press.
Honestly, I can't see it though, because we aren't gonna want to eat Foppa's salary for next year.

Forsberg as a rental makes total sense though on many fronts:
-this year's long cup run, maybe even to the Stanley Cup Finals is critical to season ticket sales next year and long term viability of this franchise.
-Assuring infusion of ticket sales for the rest of the year and sellout of all Playoff games with Forsberg here.
-The Preds renting Forsberg keeps him out of Anaheim, San Jose, and Detroit.

I would bet on this one WILL happen WITHOUT disrupting our young core of Weber/Suter/Hamhuis/Radulov.
I tend to agree. I could see Radulov being involved....ONLY...ONLY if Poile was almost positive Forsberg would re-sign here, and even then I'm not sure, given that Forsberg has had injury problems the past couple of years, most notably this one.

I don't understand how Flyers fans would turn their nose up at getting a top-tier, CHEAP offensive d-man...for the next three years...for 2 months of Forsberg.