View Single Post
Old
02-02-2004, 05:36 PM
jcpenny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet
What a ridiculous comparison. Using the same logic then I guess we should get rid of Begin and use Kilger as our 4th line center . The fact is that Perreault simply is not scoring and if he is not scoring he is almost completely useless. People over-value his faceoff prowess because Perreault is rarely used for big defensive zone faceoffs as he still loses close to 40% of his draws and that is too big of a risk to take considering the considerable defensive defficiencies in Perreault's game. On Kilger's worst nights he is still a defensively responsible player who can skate with anyone in the NHL. I really like the combination of Begin and Kilger as they are both strong skaters and Begins enthusiasm seems to motivate Kilger to be a little more physical. In the playoffs it is unlikely that Langdon will be dressed as it is very common for goons to sit in the pressbox during the playoffs due to the fact that fighting is virtually eliminated from the game once the regular season concludes. I think we have the makings of a very strong 4th line of Dackell/Begin/Kilger that would match up well against any other 4th line in the league and it wouldn't be disasterous if this line got matched up on the road against a scoring line as all 3 players are capable of playing an above average defensive game.

I have also noticed that teams are really cutting down Dagenais' space and not allowing him to release his big shot which has me thinking that this 1 trick pony may be out of tricks. I was thinking that Julien could rotate Perreault and Dagenais on Ribeiro's wing with the player who is producing getting to stay in the lineup and the other watching from the press box. Perreault is actually a slightly better skater than Dagenais and like Dagenais, also has a great shot. The difference with having Perreault play in Dagenais' spot is Perreault could take faceoffs for Ribeiro as Ribeiro is absolutely brutal in the faceoff circle and once the play is started Ribeiro would slide back into the center position with Perreault taking over Ribeiro's wing. I am not a fan of Dagenais or Perreault but this may be a way to keep these slugs motivated and will also ensure that only one of these clowns is in the lineup at any given time.
Perrault LW? never. This guy in fact is a bit like Dagenais, aside from his ability to score and take draws he's useless. I could live without his face-offs skills and hope that the other centers pick up the slack.