View Single Post
02-19-2014, 08:05 PM
vCash: 3743
Originally Posted by SwedishBullet62 View Post
I guess its just impossible to go into a season without spending right up to the cap around here

If Miller is going to be our 3c next year, which I think is the perfect place to wean him in from we need to upgrade one of the wings to give him some talent to work with, if hes gona be relied on to carry the offense, or feel he needs to from that position, hes going to play like he is now in Hartford and do too much, which will lead to mistakes.
If Callahan is traded/walks, I am intrigued by the idea of bringing back Jagr to be the catalyst on a second/third line on a one year deal and giving Miller/Lindberg a chance at the 3c spot rather than going after a UFA on a long term deal. I am not sure that Jagr would be interested in such a role, but if we're competing now, I'd prefer him over a long term investment. Lets us run something along the lines of:

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Pouliot/UFA/trade - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Miller - Jagr
Carcillo/UFA/trade - Moore/Boyle/UFA/trade - Dorsett

I seriously doubt he makes it to UFA during the summer of 2015, but it would be great to have space to offer Toews boatloads of Dolan's money if he does.