View Single Post
Old
02-20-2014, 06:02 PM
Thirty One
k.

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
1. 20-25 years ago waving a stick at a guy's hands was part of penalty killing. Catching a guy on the hands/wrists happened all the time with a 2 minute slashing penalty as the result. It was not a dirty play in any form back then. I realize today with the titanium steel equipment making blocking shots a normal part of the game, actual attempts as harassing point men are long gone remnants of the game.

2. I don't think Mario's wrist was anywhere near broken. It may have been swollen, bruised, and may have caused him to miss a game. I think the Penguins took a chance thinking that they'd trade Lemieux for Graves as the Rangers couldn't easily replace Graves on the 1L LW, while the Penguins could manage without the whining faker as they had during parts of the season. And, if the series went 7, Mario could pull his "Willis Reed". Don't forget, he played in Game 1 of the next series less than a week and a half from the incident and scored two goals. If his wrist was broken, he wouldn't have been able to play.
There is absolutely none percent chance that's true.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote