View Single Post
Old
02-11-2007, 10:10 PM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
Yeah I agree with that sentiment. I would be hesitant to add a 1st round pick to that package (Of one of the defenders, Hollweg and Dawes), and I know that the obligatory 2nd rounder is looked down upon, but I'm not sure what else could be added to make it a fair proposal. Sanguinetti is probably the best fit for the Kings, as many Kings fans feel that the team is probably 2-3 years away from making a playoff push, as that is when Bernier will be emerging, and it figures that Sanguinetti will probably be getting ready for the NHL around there too, so maybe he would lure some interest.
Sanguinetti would def. get some interest from the Kings. He would be a good compliment to Jack Johnson on their first pairing a couple years down the road. Man do the Kings have a strong future: Jack Johnson, Bernier, O'Sullivan, Kopitar, Cammallari, Tukonen, Boyle, Pushkarev, Frolov, Brown all under 25

EDIT: Looking at their top young players/prospects they lack defensive depth which is a department the Rangers are pretty deep with Staal, Sanguinetti, Sauer, Tyutin, Baranka, Pock, and Girardi. The Kings are deep up front where the Rangers are thin (Top end talent wise). Could make pretty good trade partners somewhere down the road.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote