View Single Post
Old
02-20-2014, 11:12 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItILoveIt View Post
I guess where we differ is, I think the potential benefit outweighs the trouble. The benefit outweighed the trouble in his first two years here, and it could have again if handled right IMO. Maybe I'm so frustrated with Trotz trotting out a team of Spalings that I'm willing to take a flyer on a bad boy with talent.
A bad boy with talent who has shown his willingness to flaunt team rules, contract law, swing at a coach, and Federov called him out for his lack of discipline at CSKA after stripping him of the captaincy. That's just his recent history. When he returned, HE was the one essentially on probation for numerous rules violations ... not the other way around. HE then put himself above the team within weeks of returning to the US. HE had the opportunity to demonstrate he had grown up but proved he was still an immature, selfish, troublemaker instead.

This isn't Kane and the cab driver. It isn't Carter having the reputation as a party boy but still showing up to play. It isn't Legwand and the DUI. Radulov is a player who has shown he will run away and abandon his team ... will swing at a coach ... will place himself above the team repeatedly. I'm glad he only plays hockey for the entertainment of others and isn't in an important line of work where lives are on the line.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote