View Single Post
Old
02-02-2004, 07:30 PM
kingbrath

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YadaYada
Living in the DC area, I have to suffer through more Caps games than I prefer, the Caps are awful(ly) thin on Defense, so any deal will probably require a D prospect (ready to play NHL minutes though) in return.

For Gonchar, you would need to offer up a young NHL roster player (D likely, maybe Modry but he's probably not enough.) plus pick/prospects (D likely Gleason plus 1st???). He hasn't been sharp this year, but he is an elite Dman and a change in scenery would probably be good for him. If Vish regains health, I probably wouldn't deal for him.

Witt has been a big disappointment this year, I believe he leads the league in minor penalties and too many of them are just stupid. He could be had for much less than Gonchar, but I would only look at this guy if Miller is gone for the year.

I disagree with some assessment on Lang - he is the real deal. Much more physical than his days with the Kings, you can't knock him off the puck and he scores a lot of garbage goals (meaning he pays the price to score). He also could be had for less than Gonchar because he is older and more expensive, but I don't see the Kings stepping up to his $5M per for the next three seasons.

I agree with you on Lang and would love to see him in a Kings Jersey,however...I think at this point I would rather have a hard nosed defensemen! Gauthier would be nice ,but will not happen