View Single Post
Old
02-12-2007, 02:44 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
I know what you're saying, I'm just warry of past history. I'd love Gomez, but I think that Briere is a better goal scorer, and when it's all said and done he will be the better player. Also, I think it'll be easier to sign Briere since NJ will everything in their power to keep Gomez from MSG.
I agree with you on Briere, but for what you said about Gomez, I think that applies to Buffalo. They're going to sign Briere and let Drury go, if you ask me, and I'm very wary of signing Drury to a big contract after a career year during a contract year. A year that he will probably never duplicate. I'd rather just go for the throat with Gomez, and put the kill on the Devils. But knowing them, Parise and Zajac will just fill the void. I mean, if you look at it, they have two great young centers in those two. They could realistically let Gomez go, although I don't see it happening unless someone - like the Rangers for instance - comes in an puts forth a ridiculous offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
Have you seen Nick Boynton post lockout at all? Phoenix would LOVE to move him (and his contract that goes through 08-09) for an even halfway decent return. The guy has completely fallen short of every expectation of him and the Coyotes have made no secret of issue with his play at times this season.

The Coyotes were streaking a month ago, but they've fallen back down to earth. The opening of the trade floodgates in Arizona is only days away.
The players that he offered have little to no value right now. If there was little more to it, maybe Girardi or Baranka, someone who actually has potential of sticking in the NHL as a regular, I'd say sure.

Immonen is 25 years old, didn't make the team out of camp, and has sucked this year with the pack. Pock is a fringe NHL defender at 25 years old. His time is running out. Lampman isn't even close to being an NHL regular, he'll be a career minor leaguer.

Boynton may be having an off year, but he's still leaps and bounds better than those three combined. It's another classic example of trash for a half-decent player.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote