View Single Post
Old
02-21-2014, 02:34 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
His 200ft game is decent, but he's not a center. He might be listed as one, but he's spent most of his time on the RW.

Larkin reminds me a lot of JT Miller. I think they project as similar players.

I think Schultz could be the most dynamic of all US skaters this year. His defensive game is non-existent, but his hands are ridiculously quick and he's a fantastic puck distributor. If he can figure out the defensive side of things, he has top-six scoring center upside. The way he moves on the ice reminds me a bit of Ryan Strome, though I'm not sure he has that kind of upside.
Interesting, I wonder if it's because he had trouble keeping up with the pace of being a center.

Do you mean Schmalz in the third paragraph? I would take a flyer if we have an extra second or third rounder after drafting a safer player first. I'm not that big of a fan otherwise. Small, slippery, and skilled, but his scouting report reads like Jordan Schroeder's. Small guys with no defensive game usually don't make the NHL unless they're breaking offensive records.

I've seen Schmalz compared to Boyle in this thread. They could not be more different players, just wanted to clear that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Law View Post
Best comparison, IMO, is Eric Daze before his body broke down.
I can live with that.