View Single Post
Old
02-21-2014, 02:06 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
It's one goal. While I agree Canada looked better overall, it's one goal. You can't say that Ryan wouldn't have put in a goal if he played in Brown's place. No one can. I can tell you the percentage is greater.

Canada only really had to worry about Kane, Kessel, Parise-- those guys looked overplayed as well. Our "safe guys" could do nothing with the puck against Canada's D. It did look like we were watching the Predators, minus Kane and Kessel's puck skills.

I don't pin it on David Poile, but I'm not surprised this group had trouble creating quality chances vs Canada's ultimate D.

We matched up well vs every other nation. But Canada's D wins out.
Your last point pins it pretty exactly. Canada's D was just completely superior to everything we put out there. We didn't get to the prime scoring spots, we didn't get traffic in front, we didn't generate anything in the way of rebounds, we had no offensive cycle, and failed to have much of a transition game. I just don't see Ryan changing any of that. If we want to say that "anything could have happened," then sure, why not, but I don't find that falling into very tangible criticism.

That doesn't even factor in how he may have been used by Bylsma, or who we would have replaced.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote