View Single Post
Old
02-21-2014, 04:16 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Your last point pins it pretty exactly. Canada's D was just completely superior to everything we put out there. We didn't get to the prime scoring spots, we didn't get traffic in front, we didn't generate anything in the way of rebounds, we had no offensive cycle, and failed to have much of a transition game. I just don't see Ryan changing any of that. If we want to say that "anything could have happened," then sure, why not, but I don't find that falling into very tangible criticism.

That doesn't even factor in how he may have been used by Bylsma, or who we would have replaced.
I'm not just saying "anything could've happened". Ryan is a better scorer than Brown, no question. The chances are greater he could've found a way to score against Canada vs someone like Brown (among others). I'm not say he would've, but the chances are greater. That's a factual statement.

Now you can say but Ryan might have screwed things up defensively, where as we can trust Brown (something David Poile would say). That's something that's harder to measure or put probability to.

But VS Cananda, "we need goal scoring ability" to quote Dean Lombardi. We didn't have it.

I personally do not like Bylasma all that much. He's OK, but there are better coaches out there.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote