Thread: Koivu
View Single Post
Old
02-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Puckhead58*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV View Post
Koivu, god bless him, is about average as second line centers go. Realistically, you can expect about 55 or 60 points from him if (and it's a big "if") he plays 75+ games.

Even if we get in and then go out in the first round, I would not be opposed to letting him finish his career elsewhere, and turn the page.

Needless to say, I don't think the original post is premature. We can talk about anything we want, when we want, so long as it's habs-related and does not constitute a slur against the Russians, Chechens, Tartars, French, Quebecois, Swiss, the Jews, Muslims or the Irish. Koivu may be the heart of the team, but the team has had an irregular heartbeat for too long.
Thank you....I agree that maybe IT IS time to get rid of Koivu. Nothing against the little guy, he has been nothing but a great players for the Habs for the most part and he has shown that he has a big heart, I just think there there are better ways to spend $4 million dollars a season. We could have a guy like a Savard, Briere or Spezza for $5 million and they are all huge contributers to their respective teams.
I think its time for a change in scenery!

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote