View Single Post
Old
02-12-2007, 01:55 PM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Malik was strong at all against Tampa and that was one of the better games we've seen all season long. He had nothing to do with any of the goals, despite being on the ice, and I do recall some quality shots against whlie he was on the ice. I thought his partner did a good job that night. Malik was good against Wash, I agree with that.

Maybe the team has more confidence with him out there - I can't explain why this team came out playing with passion in a Friday night home game against a team its fighting for a playoff spot late in the season, whlie fighting others for a playoff spot and time running out, after a few weeks of bad play and after losing to the same team a little while back where they gave up a lead on the road.
I watched Malik closely against TB and I thought he played a near flawless game. Nothing fancy, just solid outlet passes, one after another. He is our best first pass defenseman. That may be an indictment of the rest of the them but does not alter the fact that he is dependable for that. He gets an amazingly bum rap in this forum and at the Garden.

The Rangers consistently play better with him than without him. His plus/minus is not a mirage or an aberration. One can argue how much of a positive he is but it's an indication that he is certainly not hurting his team.

Again, not saying he is in any way special and if someone wants to give us better value, fine.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote