View Single Post
Old
02-22-2014, 02:08 AM
Todd Harvey

vCash: 500
Yup. And its expedient to predict limited movement, because that has been the case years past.
It's because of precisely that though, I think there's really been a logjam of teams needing to make moves to finally straighten themselves out and go for it, and that's why I think we've got a busy week ahead.

As for Cally & Brown, I've been over that at length with friends. Like I said, no one believed it;
On the one hand, it's an almost-perfect hockey trade, as the Rangers have IMO desperately needed a righty-shooting LW for their Top 6. And we're actually deepest on RW, or were before Zuc's injury. And Cally's not even in our Top 6 anymore; I consider any line with Richards on it the 3rd unit LOL;

And in my lifetime, its hard to think of two more evenly matched players than those two. Very slight edge in my book to Brown, but it's definitely debatable. But contractually, one guy is entering a long-term deal (at reasonable rates) while the other is not only unsigned but would have to forego what appears a very lucrative free agency.
But I dont doubt Brown could move somewhere.
The bit I saw on him on NHL Network, he has 4 small kids, is captain of a team that still has high aspirations, he's had an off year, got into that collision with Hertl and was taking heat, and his coach is just...... yabbadabbadoo....lets just say maybe not the right coach for him.
But would the Rangers want to take on a guy like that for term rather than a bigger younger guy like Stewart? especially if the plan is to reunite Stewart with Stastny next year? Those guys had near-monster years together, and that'd be some revamped 3rd line. So IDK..

Last edited by Todd Harvey: 02-22-2014 at 02:31 AM.