View Single Post
Old
02-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
For me, chosen...

the one thing Malik in the lineup does is to allow other defensemen to play their correct respective roles. Ward isn't on a top line (and playing out of position). Tyutin isn't paired with Rachunek, and there aren't two rookies getting odd amounts of ice time on the third pair. The pairings just seem to make more sense with Malik in the lineup. If you switched Tyutin and Malik, for instance, I don't think you'd see a difference, except Tyutin may accumulate more of those pluses from being out there with Jagr. I do think a lot is coincidence, but there are too many coincidences to really explain. We watched Pock actually do a decent job with Rozsival. He moved the puck well. He brought up the puck. He shot. Nothing. Not one point and the team struggled. Again, it could be confidence out there, or maybe Jagr just plays better with certain people - like Randy Johnson not being caught by Posada for many games.

Much like the forwards...Betts on a fourth line makes a heck of a lot of sense. Cullen on a third line makes a heck of a lot of sense. You now have four lines that make sense and help the flow.

Malik often does have that nice first pass out, but I thought there were a fair amount of times where he struggled controlling the puck in his own end and was beaten to the puck a few times. I'm not complaining about that because it was to be expected, but thought it actually happened.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote