View Single Post
Old
02-02-2004, 10:27 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
Not exactly what I said. I never said Koivu for a top 5 pick. I said Koivu for a young player (like the Havlats and Coles). Then, at the draft make a second move which would revolve more around prospects already in the organization. It is POSSIBLE that a team like Chicago or Columbus would move their pick for a couple of more mature prospects and a later 1st rounder... I said it's POSSIBLE.

Sorry if I misinterpreted, we were talking Koivu for the most part so I assumed that was your idea.

But you also must realize that there is a major difference between Cole and Havlat. Night and day difference. One is going to be a star while the other might be a decent second liner.

Montreal has some mature prospects, but they are also going to be counted on to step in next year, something that is not likely for recent draftees. Perreault, Juneau, Dackell, Quintal all probably won't be with Montreal next year. So does Montreal take yet another step back, or let the prospects who they have developed for the last 4 years get a chance to shine and grow with the organization.

I guess it all depends on what you see the organizations plans as.