Old
02-22-2014, 03:26 PM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Drive to XXX.

If the Callahan and Girardi trades go through, here is what I would want back.

Callahan to StL.

Stewart, Jaskin, Edm 2nd.

The difference bet StL's 1st and the EDM 2nd could be 2 spots. Let them have their 1st to play with so they can trade for Miller.

Taking Stewart gives them cap room this year and next, so StL has a shot of re-signing Cally. Jaskin is a good prospect to have.

Girardi to ANA

Vatenen, DSP, 1st.

There's the added 1st. Vatenen at this point is a bottom 6 defenseman, and is a dominant big ice player. I like his game a lot but the Rangers need someone to handle the jumbos in the east. G has done that admirably, and I think Klein can do that to a certain degree, but Kevin Klein is going to handle 20 min a night in a 7 game series against Neal or Lucic. Is McIlrath ready? I don't know, but Vatenen fits that offensive RHD that this team has been missing. He just isn't proven in the NHL, but I like his game. I think he makes it. Very smart, great wheels, shot selection.

The question is what is he? Is he a plus version of Ryan Ellis, or is he closer to a poor man's Erik Karlsson? His NHL games with ANA suggest he is more Ryan Ellis, while his Olympic games suggest he is a great big ice hockey player.

DSP is a grinder, a 10-12 min a night guy that is a built athlete. He is effective in his role because he will wear teams down low as it takes some strength and effort to defend against him. He has shown some signs of offensive ability.
Dude, neither of those two teams make those trades.

rip