View Single Post
Old
02-23-2014, 07:06 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutt View Post
Which players do you think should play at the IHWC in Belarus?

Well, I wanna this offensive set:

first, Ruzicka - Stastny - Reway
second, Hascak - Kopecky - Illo (or Lapsansky)
of course third, Zuzin - Viedensky - Zaborsky
4. Tybor - Bliznak - Dano (or Cehlarik, Lunter, Griger - his little plus right side)

I think the generation around Radivojevic, Bartovic, Marcel Hossa, Miklik should be sent "home" and be definitely replaced. They just donīt have any perspective for the future. But thatīs impossible with Vujtek.
I'm all for building a core from young/middle-aged players, but you have to have at least some veteran presence on a IHWC team. Most of the players here are either young or have little experience with international hockey or both. This is the kind of team that we should be sending to the Deutschland Cup and similar tournaments.

alko, well for Hossa, you say he could play better with a bigger role at the WC, but then what was the point of taking him to a tournament where everyone knew he wouldn't get a bigger role? Also, the last time he somewhat proved it was at the 2009 IHWC, which was almos 5 years ago.

Yes, we should take any player if he plays well enough, however it should be when he plays well for Slovakia internationally, just playing good for their team. Also, I'd expect that they would take players of Hossa's age only if they can be relied on as leaders of the team.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote