View Single Post
Old
02-23-2014, 10:14 AM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
a quick look at remaining schedules for the bottom 5 teams. The Islanders have a very easy schedule. If you look at games vs the top 5 teams + Boston in the NHL, here is what the bottom will face

NYI - 1 game, San Jose (11 home, 11 away)
Flames - 3 games, 2 Anaheim, 1 San Jose (12 home, 12 away)
Florida - 3 games - 2 Boston, 1 San Jose (14 home, 10 away)
Oilers - 6 games - 3 Anaheim, 2 San Jose , 1 St Louis (15 home, 7 away)
Buffalo - 5 games - 2 Boston, 1 Chicago, 1 St Louis, 1 Anaheim (10 home, 15 away)

we play most of our remaining games vs teams in or close to the playoffs. This is where things get harder. I can see us winning 7 of our remaining 22 games and finishing with the 2nd overall pick. The teams ahead of us have easier schedules, games in hand, and more points.
Added home and away games remaining. We've been playing better of late and have a lot of home games. I'll guess we go 10-10-2. Where that leaves us, I'm not sure. Don't think Florida will be caught. Calgary is a maybe. Islanders are the scary one though - easiest schedule, but JT done for the season and Vanek and AMac soon to be traded. On the plus side, they've got a deep prospect pool and many of those guys will embrace the opportunity to audition for a top 6 role. On the negative side, their problems in net and on D are just as big as ours, except they'll only have Okposo to try and out score there way to victory.

If my prediction is right, those teams would need these records to bump us from 2nd:

CGY: 8-15-1 or less
NYI: 8-13 or less
FLA: 8-15-1 or less

Again, the Isles are the one team I worry about.