View Single Post
Old
02-23-2014, 11:51 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post

This has to be a new golden era for Canadian hockey with this group of players and coaches, top down. I mean incredible, back to back Golds! We're the best baby! Couple moments I got chills down my spine and said "wow..." as to how beastly they were. Smart, fast, strong, skilled, full of heart and determination. Crazy!
This team is good, really dominant D, good coaching, team with a plan that sticks to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlowbyBlow View Post
To think how much better Canadian hockey is going to get think about Mackinnon, Hall, Seguin, Mcdavid, guys like Peitrelangelo, Subban, and many more future stars on D. We haven't seen a superstar goalie like roy, brodeur, ect but they can put out a very dominant team
I can't get this line of thinking at all. I think we're on a dryspell right now with upcoming players and no Crosbys and Toews coming down the pike.

As evidenced by our World Junior crash and burns we should be enjoying these Oly wins right now. Because I see some bare spots up ahead. This was a veteran team that got us the win at the Olympics this year. I don't see as much up and coming that are going to be this good. I don't see a single Doughty or Weber coming up. No Prongers. This could be some lean times.

As far as Subban he's 24.5yrs old and couldn't crack the Oly starting lineup . He'll be close to 29 by the next Olympics. I hardly see him as anything more than a blip on the Oly radar. One and out. If the NHL continues to compete.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote