View Single Post
Old
02-13-2007, 06:26 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
With all this dead time in between games figured I'd throw this out there and kill some time and get everyones thoughts. I have been watching this team for a long time and I was trying to figure out which team was the toughest that I've seen. There were some old time teams that came to mind that had Beck, Laidlaw, Hospodar, and Fotiu on it.

One team really stuck out in my mind though, the 1992 team...Tie Domi, Joey Kocur, Adam Graves, Mark Messier, Jeff Beukaboom, Jay Wells, Esa Tikanen, and Kris King. That was a pretty nasty team. Anyone remember any teams that were tougher than that team?
Tikkanen wasn't on the 1991-92 team.I agree the 91-92 team was the toughest Rangers team I have seen in my 20 plus years of watching this team.That was all because of Roger Neilson.Roger was known as "Captain Video" because he was the first coach to use video in preparing his teams.Roger was all known to like the tough guys.When he coached the Maple Leafs in the late 1970's,they had a playoff series against the Islanders in 1978.Roger had Dave "Tiger" Williams and Jerry Butler brutalize the Islanders.When the Rangers had the incident in the 1990 playoffs with the Islanders(James Patrick giving Pat LaFontaine a concussion on a clean hit and then Al Arbour sent out the Islanders to start the brawl with the Rangers),Arbour brought up the 1978 playoffs series when the Leafs gooned up the Islanders in his comments after the game.The NY media especially Joe Lapointe of the NY Times hated Roger's tough minded hockey style

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote