View Single Post
Old
02-23-2014, 01:05 PM
BlowbyBlow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schutney View Post
You're a real downer. Half this team is in their mid 20s. Assuming the NHLers go in 2018. More than half the roster will still in be in it's prime. Doughty, Crosby, Toews, Stamkos, Tavares, Bergeron, etc. are all in their early or mid 20s.
I was going to respond to Replacement but you took the words out of my mouth, the players you just mention will make it impossible for many of the up-in-coming players to even make it on the team. To me 2010 was a veteran team, and had more contributions from the vets. No offence to this team but on forward you had guys like St. Louis, Marleau, who were easily replaceable, and young goalie in Price, and guys like Peitrelangelo, Doughty looking at more years of Olympic glory.

World Juniors have no relevance to me that's more of an indicator of depth in how it relates to winning as opposed to high end talent coming up. World Juniors usually doesn't even indicate if players on those teams will ever be future NHL stars. 4 years changes alot of things and this time around we have more certainty to say a Hall, Mackinnon, Seguin, even a Nurse, Reinhart's, (any of the three), Dougie Hamilton Mcdavid could be on this team.

Who knew 4 years ago Subban would be on this team, or Carey Price (all the talk was about him being traded) for every d-man not named Doughty or Weber, and was about to retire there was question marks d-men always have question marks because its a longer development time.

BlowbyBlow is offline   Reply With Quote