View Single Post
Old
02-23-2014, 02:11 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post
10 players age 23-26. 11 if you include Stamkos. Crosby and Toews were the best forwards. Doughty was the best defenceman. Price was nearly flawless.

Elite young/youngish players like Hall and Giroux didn't make it. Three of the last four first overall picks were Canadian, and the next two will likely be as well. There is no shortage of upcoming talent.
The recent picks don't exactly exude confidence. Hall I like but Mackinnon and RNH to me are some evidence that the quality of top drafts is going down in recent years. By pretty much any opinion the last few years hasn't featured the strongest draft.

Really it is interesting that the last superstar imo drafted #1 was Crosby in 2005. Some would say Stamkos I guess but I'm not so sure.

Crosby, Toews, Doughty are gods going forwards anyway. I just don't see younger players in that class tbh and I don't think I'm too far off with that. All of those players were great and known to be great at draft age. Maybe we have some late bloomers in the under 24 mix that will still astound.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote