View Single Post
Old
02-23-2014, 03:29 PM
The Bored Man
Tier 2 Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
The recent picks don't exactly exude confidence. Hall I like but Mackinnon and RNH to me are some evidence that the quality of top drafts is going down in recent years. By pretty much any opinion the last few years hasn't featured the strongest draft.

Really it is interesting that the last superstar imo drafted #1 was Crosby in 2005. Some would say Stamkos I guess but I'm not so sure.

Crosby, Toews, Doughty are gods going forwards anyway. I just don't see younger players in that class tbh and I don't think I'm too far off with that. All of those players were great and known to be great at draft age. Maybe we have some late bloomers in the under 24 mix that will still astound.
Stamkos won the Rocket Richard as a sophomore and scored 60 in 2012. Tavares was a Hart nominee in his third year and was second in league scoring before the break. Why the comparison to Crosby? You're saying that no other player is as good as the world's best player? No ****, eh?

There is no shortage of talent, no evidence at all to suggest that Canada will suffer from some decline against other countries. Not that it matters what anyone says. You're on another one of your pot-stirring crusades so this thread's gonna be unreadable for the next few hours.

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote