View Single Post
Old
02-13-2007, 10:39 AM
WheresBarnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Then please explain why Malik's +/- is BETTER than all of Jagr's line and far better than Rosie's.

Outlet passes are only supposed to go a short distance out of the zone to a forward. They are solely to eliminate an immediate scoring chance against your team. Would you prefer if he just cleared it like the rest of them?

He plays the style that his forwards play. That is why he works better with them than the other defensemen.
Who knows why his +/- is higher than that of his linemates, the difference must be just dumb luck. God know he isn't killing penalty's when he's sitting in the box, for his nightly hooking penalty (how he is still getting called for those EVERY game is beyond me) He certainly isn't skilled. His back passes to nobody are great,as are his soft passes in the defensive zone, and his turnovers at the blueline. He doesn't clear the crease. At the just 6'2'' 225, I wouldn't want him to hurt himself, what with all these Gomez sized fowards crashing the net these days. God forbid he should clear the net.

I can honestly say I can pretty much live with everyone else on D right now, (jury's still out on Rachunek) but Malik has gotta go. He is so obviously the worst Defensman we have, now that Ozo and (it pains me to say) Kaspar have gone. Girardi outclasses him and how many games has he played?

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote