View Single Post
Old
02-23-2014, 09:34 PM
doulos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Not elusive. I would pick 8 and 12 years from now due to Toews, Doughty, Crosby, Stamkos probably able to do the tough rowing for the next olympics. That's a bumper crop of great players I realize. Good that we have em. What more are coming down the pipe is the question I've posed throughout.

With the answer so far being Tavares and crickets..

talk about elusive..
I can appreciate this answer for sure. Thanks

As for who is coming down the pipe, it's not my issue. I'm not trying to predict the future. However, who knows how good some of the more recent draft picks will actually be, or if a player like Taylor Hall takes the next step. There are a lot of options out there for Canada. All I know is that from 1998-2004 the Canadians didn't win a single World Jr championship and now look at what we have - pure dominance on the highest level where many of those kids from that era of losing are now integral to gold medals. In 1998 Roberto Luongo didn't win a single game and the team placed 8th at the World Jrs. However he won gold in Vancouver.

The smart money is on Canada maintaining it's passion and high level of skill in the sport of hockey. No guarantee of success, but betting against them doesn't seem wise.

doulos is offline   Reply With Quote