Thread: Prospect Info: OKC Barons 2013/14
View Single Post
Old
02-24-2014, 02:19 AM
Burnt Biscuits

vCash: 500
None of the D impressed me in that game, each made some good plays, but pretty much all of them had some poor read or horrible turnover that offset whatever good they did. The player that most impressed me was Lander, his ability to maintain puck possession and win battles in tight is substantially better than it has been in the past. He also showed a lot more offensive ability then I have seen from him since his days playing in the WJC's.

I get the feeling the organization has soured on Lander and if that's the case it is really a shame, I'm guessing we are going to trade his rights and get someone with rocks for brains who plays a "heavy game" to center our 4th line next year. Lander is an intelligent player who I'm thinking could make a positive impact on our possession numbers and do some solid work on the PK, if you look at a some of the best two way centers with minimal offense, a lot of them didn't hold down a regular NHL job till they were 22-24, Pahlsson and Madden both broke into the league pretty late. It's probably wishful thinking but if he could follow a similar career path to either of them that would be great for us.

Also have to say Pinnizzoto is more skilled than I thought, don't want him getting NHL time, but he's a nice addition to the farm team.