View Single Post
Old
02-24-2014, 08:52 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikyerbouti View Post
I loved Krueger and Renney, so I'm not one to blame the coach, but Eakins has been a disaster this far. That "crazy" man2man system of Ralph's made Dubnyk look good and kept us in games.

Eakins talks compete but it wasn't a problem under Ralph. If Renney was still here, I bet you aren't hearing Hall swearing and smacking his stick. The coaching carousal has been detrimental, no doubt, but I don't think Eakins is developing the players well enough to warrant more time. The PP has been all kinds of crazy and expecting Gag and Rnh to pin players like Thorton so we can swarm was a fool's errand.

But Mact isn't firing Eakins, he'd rather rebuild the scraps into their image. Time will tell.

Blame Katz; we could have had Nill and Ruff. I just can't get over that! Hell, we tanked our team because it was deemed too hard to get elite young talent, and it took Nill months to trade for one and draft another at 10.
1) Eh, short memories I guess. I seem to recall Hall being benched for periods at a time under Renney for throwing tantrums (much to this boards dismay, calling for Renney's head) and also being caught mouthing off/being pissed off on camera over having the goalie pulled in games where they were already down by 2 or 3 goals.

2) Nil traded away Louie Ericksson (with other pieces) to get Seguin. Which piece that the Oilers had (previous to Hall I guess) was remotely close to Louie Ericksson in value? And yeah, they got Nichushkin at 10 because 9 teams passed over him due to the infamous "Russian factor" its not like they found a needle in a haystack. They took a massive risk and it seems to have paid off.