View Single Post
Old
02-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0goals View Post
I think the bigger problem is that almost everyone who sits in the purple seats doesn't know/care about hockey and are there as a social function. My family has had seats there since the Garden opened, and I have been going since I was pre-natal (my mom got hit with a puck while she was pregnant with me), and over the last 15 years my section has gone from a lot of long-time season ticket holders who were really into the game, to corporate seats and seats held onto by the Garden for VIPs. As a result, everyone I grew up rooting with and talking to about hockey have given up their seats and I spend most of the game listening to people ask what offsides is fourteen times rather than cheering when Ortmeyer throws his body in front a slapper from the point and makes a great defensive play. As loud as the 400s might get during key moments of the game when the crowd needs to be into it, the purples have no heart, and the noise never makes it to the ice where it counts.
Those seats were mainly corporations in the 80's, I know, my Dad worked for one and we had his companies tix a few times a year back then. Right behind the Rangers penalty box. They were red seats back then, when the blues were TRUE blues - pot/cigarette smoking, drinking, gambling, fornication - yes, it was the 80's

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote