View Single Post
Old
02-24-2014, 10:27 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
What's weird is that many assume Stevey Y didn't draft MSL into team Canada so he could save him for the playoffs, yet now he's ready to pick up one of the biggest grinders who did play in the Olympics

hmm
No its not weird.

If MSL is getting traded from a red-hot Tampa its because things has gone real sour there. No other reason. Tampa takes a decision to move him first, then they look at what the return might be.

And on to that topic, who is interested in MSL and what can they offer? Yes there is a bunch of contenders who would love to get him, and who would offer a 1st and a prospect that isn't that sexy. Look at where Tampa is at, its not time for them to flush this season. They have built long and hard to get to where they are right now. There just ain't many alternatives out there, ie teams that will trade a player for MSL that will take MSL's position in the line-up. I have a hard time seing anyone topping an offer for Cally for sure.

I don't buy that we will have to add picks and prospects. I am not saying that we will get MSL, what do I know, but Tampa is not moving him because of what the return will be, they are moving him because things have gone south. Otherwise they would "never" do it. If they have decided to move him, looking at what position they are in right now, who could make a better offer for them than we if we are moving Cally? He seems to be a real good fit for them.