View Single Post
Old
02-24-2014, 10:34 AM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I'm sorry, but I think you're conflating posters' opinions to fit your own narrative. I don't think that a lot of posters who are against this trade thought that the '11-'12 squad was a world-beater. Speaking for myself personally:

1) I didn't think that the '11-'12 squad was a serious contender (although of course I was rooting for them like hell once the deadline passed and the roster was set).

2) I don't think this team becomes a serious contender over the league powerhouses by adding another RW, no matter how good he is.

Regardless, I have no interest in building a one-and-done 5th or 6th best team that has a shot of winning out through a fortuitous tournament run and then sinking back to the middle of the pack next year or the year after. I want to build a consistent contender.
1) I'm just going by majority opinion in both cases. Most people were pissed about us breaking up a contender when we traded for Nash, and now most people who don't want MSL don't want him because we won't be a contender right now. Not everyone will hold both opinions.

2) Trading Cally for unknown picks and unproven prospects will make this team a consistent contender. We're not trading Kreider, Stepan, McDonagh, or Staal (at least not that I know of).