View Single Post
Old
02-24-2014, 11:40 AM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conine View Post
Can't say I'm all that worried about losing Moore, Boyle or Pouliot.
I'm not too worried about it, but I'd like to keep them, especially Boyle. Boyle really feels like one of the only "glue guys" this team has left. Seems like he bonds with every new guy that comes in, and when someone who he's tight with leaves (DZ, Prust), he finds someone else to be cool with (Zucc). I think the 11-12 team had a lot of guys like that, and having that feeling in the room to any degree is good. Of course, for this to matter, the player also has to be good at his role, and I think Boyle is good at his current role now that we have AV who seems to recognize where Boyle fits best. If he wants something reasonable, I'd keep him.

Moore, I can't imagine he wants a huge raise, but he's good at 4C and he's a solid PK guy. I'd keep him too depending on what he wants.

Pouliot is a hard one. He's been good very recently, but he also had a period of uselessness. Since we have such a small window to judge him on, it's really hard to say what he's likely to be going forward with this team. If he is okay with a modest raise, keep him. If he wants to be paid as if he'll always be at the peak he's been at recently, cut the strings.