View Single Post
Old
02-24-2014, 10:43 PM
KevinBXA
Professional Caveman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
Relax, it wasn't an attack on "fans like you" but merely a question if you believed there would be enough people who might take advantage of even cheap flights and ticket packages to truly impact the team's bottom line. That's what many supporters of a Vegas team believe would be a central piece, marketing to tourists, be it hockey fans like you or tourists who go to Vegas for the traditional reasons and then get tickets as part of their hotel or entertainment deal. (I'm not a believer that this model would work over the long run, 10, 20 yrs out, for example.)

So fans like you means a classification, nothing pejorative.

(Clever username, btw.)
Fair enough.

Having a team that relies on transient fans is a terrible idea IMO and I can't see a scenario where it works out for Vegas. Imagine a Vegas team that isn't in the playoff picture playing a Wednesday game against Phoenix... Who goes to that game? Not to mention the atrocious atmosphere, if the majority of people in attendance aren't fans of the team it's going to feel very similar to the gold medal game in Sochi.

(thanks, a couple of my buddies are electricians and they go on and on about BX and how they draw Bieksa on BX spools, haha)