View Single Post
Old
02-25-2014, 01:19 AM
Burnt Biscuits

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw0Shoes View Post
Where on earth do you pull this from??
Pure conjecture and speculation on my part. Just reading inbetween the lines primarily based on Eakins outspoken comments about what he wants our 4th line to be, and the sheer fact that we had Will Acton play 23 games on our NHL roster this season namely because he brings size and a look that Eakins wants. I believe I read on Lowetides website about how other scouts were laughing at us for playing a AHL scrub like Acton on the big club. Then the organization is fairly transparent on the prospects they think highly of and those they don't just by the comments they make, Lander hasn't gotten much tire pumping like I'd say he deserves at this point.

I do think Lander will play the remainder of the season on the NHL team post trade deadline and based on that will probably determine his future with us. Lander seems to be a real good soldier and he might tough it out in the AHL a bit longer, but I can't see him taking more than one more two way contracts before he heads back to Europe, he's good enough to play there and make quite a bit more money. Not much sense staying if it doesn't look like a permanent job in the NHL is in his future.