View Single Post
Old
02-25-2014, 03:41 PM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
He's shown he can identify weaknesses (went after Schneider and Bernier in the offseason while posters, myself included, were defending Dubnyk), identify and fill needs (Gordon), trade away futures for proven NHLers (Perron), take some risks (Belov), move on when he realizes he's made a mistake (LaBarbera+Dubnyk), and is capable of fixing those mistakes (Bryzgalov+Scrivens). Just because there's no Ryan Suter in free agency begging to sign with the Oilers and no Jordan Staal forcing a trade to Edmonton doesn't mean MacT isn't doing his job. It just means that the pieces we need most aren't available for a reasonable price. At least he's actively trying to improve the club, which is more than we can say about Tambo.
Right here is why I'm upset with him. He knew Dubnyk and Labarbera were useless but waits until were basically out of the playoffs before he makes any moves to fix it. Also why the hell didn't he move Gagner in the summer like I was saying he should do. For every good move he's made, he's made an equally bad move IMO. Guy is a Dufus and is being more proactive then the last GM but that doesn't means he's any better as the results haven't been there. Hopefully he can prove me wrong this summer but I highly doubt it now that he's saying he wants draft picks.