View Single Post
Old
02-25-2014, 02:51 PM
4thlineforlife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Right here is why I'm upset with him. He knew Dubnyk and Labarbera were useless but waits until were basically out of the playoffs before he makes any moves to fix it. Also why the hell didn't he move Gagner in the summer like I was saying he should do. For every good move he's made, he's made an equally bad move IMO. Guy is a Dufus and is being more proactive then the last GM but that doesn't means he's any better as the results haven't been there. Hopefully he can prove me wrong this summer but I highly doubt it now that he's saying he wants draft picks.
Because their was no goalie market? Scrivens was LAs starter for a good chunk of the year (when Dubnyk was in free fall) and only became expendable when Jones emerged and when Quick was on the come back.

He should have looked at trading Gagner last season, but what was the market for a 24 yo with RFA year left? Plus Gagner had a break out year. He was looking good in pre season before Kassian assaulted him, and has looked better recently. Maybe the jaw injury really impacted him. Burrows and Crosby were both affected by it