Old
02-25-2014, 05:07 PM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerchon View Post
I have the urge to yell, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! HARDLY BEEN A STAND OUT!!!"

He statistically has been the best Oiler D-man over the last 20 games. Leads the Oilers in plus minus, corsi, etc...

Has not been flashy true. But his skating, positioning, and stick work has been sublime. He is known as a offensive defenseman... and is looking great defensively. The offense will come and so will his size and strength. I am trying my best not to get too excited cause its waaaaay too early to say how much more he could improve or regress.

Had a good showing at the Olympics by all accounts.

As it stands, and as his new 7.5B rating shows, he has a very good chance for a long NHL career. Top pairing, unlikely. Mid pairing, looking good. Bottom pairing, atm good enough for any NHL team.
2 points in 22 games, over the stretch were we have finally gotten good goaltending, which explains a lot of his +/-. I mean he has been solid, I don't think he has been our best D man. His skating is still week, he looks week. Not sure what to make of him to be honest. He is a pleasant surprise and I have high hopes for him, but, I am not that high on him.

okgooil is offline   Reply With Quote