View Single Post
02-25-2014, 07:31 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by predshabs View Post
When are we going to solidify our top six?
I like Wilson at Center but he needs some good wingers.
What about Cullen, he is signed for next year as well unless we trade him as well?
I forgot about Cullen, he's in his late thirties though so I don't see him in the long term plans. If we could get a pick or decet prospect he could be gone.

We need to address our top 6, definitely, but we only have three options. Draft, UFA, and trade.

Draft will be the easiest option. Having a top 10 pick that could be top 5 will definitely help, this is a forward heavy top ten so we should get another potentially high talented forward. Getting another 1st for Legwand goes a long way too. It could help us move up, or we can stand pat and draft another forward.

On the UFA front we'll have to overpay to get what we want and I think Poile is willing to do that, the question is does a Vanek or even a Stastny want to sign with us. It's sure help, and I'd love for it to happen, but it's not something we can depend on happening.

Trade. We could probably get a top 6 talent by trading out 1st+ a good prospect/decent assets like Wilson or Ellis. Of course Weber would get the biggest haul, but he's our cornerstone locked up. He's an easy answer for fixing our crappy offense, but obviously he's our face and a top 3 player at his position. He's still young enough for us to take our time and build through the draft. The only question is if he wants to wait another year + while we get him help up front?

That line-up I posted above won't likely be the final solution to our scoring needs, but we've got fisher for another year and I think slotting Wilson at center behind him whilst looking for an upgrade for Fisher seems like a realistic move going forward. I'm not saying it's ideal or it's the best center depth we've ever had, but I just think that's what is likely to happen. It seems very Poile like.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote