View Single Post
Old
02-25-2014, 09:36 PM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooker24 View Post
Anyone got any legitimate inside information on where Hemsky might go? Sure, you might not be able to post it in here, but PM me.

I'm working for NHL Revealed this weekend, so hopefully I'll have some inside information or interesting insight to offer.
Not really secret inside info BUT it comes from Bob Stauffer who is essentially the most plugged in source for Oilers info...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/n...ers-islanders/

"Feb. 18. According to Edmonton radio host and Oilers analyst Bob Stauffer, the Montreal Canadiens or Pittsburgh Penguins -- two Eastern Conference clubs known to be looking for help up front -- might be interested in Edmonton's Ales Hemsky."

"Hemsky is in the second year of a two-year, $10-million contract. The Oilers, Stauffer says, will likely have to retain some of that salary if they are to successfully move Hemsky or fellow pending free agent Nick Schultz."

"The San Jose Sharks have been bird-dogging the Oilers a lot over about the last three weeks," Stauffer points out, "We saw a lot of the San Sharks Jose pro scouts on the road."