View Single Post
Old
02-25-2014, 10:01 PM
WartracePred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Posted the same article in the forward thread. Sorry about that, didn't see this here.

Hope he's either extended for a year or he's dealt. Now I know he's not going to return much, but if he reaches free agency I've almost had it with Poile. Too much indecision. I would have thought they'd atleast touch base with Legwands agent sometime this season.
Poile was talking to Willy D and George Plaster this afternoon. In a discussion about the trade deadline and Leggy's impending UFA status, Poile said he spoken with Leggy several times in the last week. Poile didn't offer any insight to details of the conversation. I'll bet that part of those discussions addressed Leggy's no trade clause and a list of teams he would be willing to waive his right to be traded.

The rest was typical of Poile's cautious approach at the trade deadline. Preds aren't going for a blockbuster trade because of the reduced salary cap. Looking for the right fit for the future. Need to upgrade the offense. Keeping the defense as is - not looking to trade any of the defense (though he left Bartley of the list of PMDs). The Preds best trade deadline acquisition could be Pekka.