View Single Post
Old
02-26-2014, 09:09 AM
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
I want him to realise that setting a goal of getting the 3rd round pick back is like buying socks that already have holes in them. If they trade away players they need players or prospects back, not 2nd and 3rd round draft picks.

Believe it or not their track record in the 2nd round is even worse than in the 3rd.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/t...r00005632.html

It's a huge joke how poorly they have drafted in the 2nd and 3rd round, I know for a fact that Maggie the Macaque would have done better. It's statistically inpossible for her not to.
Ugh.

Mediocre rentals like Hemsky, Schultz, Bryz, Jones or Smyth almost always net draft picks at the deadline. It's almost as if some of you just starting following hockey and have no idea what usually transpires at trade deadlines.
Teams that are in playoff races aren't going to give up roster players or even good prospects for decent rentals so generally, the return will be draft picks or mediocre prospects and i'd rather they get picks because those are more valuable in a trade scenario.

Also, the chances are that MacT is looking to package these picks for roster players at the draft so don't be so sure that he's acquiring them to draft more longshot prospects although if the last draft is any indication, he'll strike out on player trades and acquire a bunch of 5th and 6th rounders.

I'm usually not one to defend MacT, but i don't see anything wrong with him looking to acquire picks for his UFA's.