View Single Post
Old
02-26-2014, 10:18 AM
Paralyzer
The Beatdown Begins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
They are 29th in the league and get outshot and outchanced heavily every night.
If it wasn't for the unsustainably hot goaltending over this latest stretch, they would likely be neck and neck with Buffalo for last in the league so i fail to see where this improvement is coming from.

Lets face it. MacT thus far isn't an upgrade on Tambo. Making a bunch of moves with minimal results to show for it doesn't mean that he's doing a good job. In fact, the team has regressed under his watch.
It's nice that he's searching all avenues to attempt to improve the team, has identified the team weaknesses and that he has a bunch of "lines in the water", but results are what matter and the results haven't shown out yet.
Have you read what I posted? I didn't say ALL SEASON. I said in 10 GAMES. I think all of us know the season is a write off, but his argument was the last 10 GAMES. So I am responding towards the last 10 GAMES. Plus you can't be all that serious when it comes to him be sub-par to Tambo. You even said he is realizing the weaknesses and is trying to improve it. Tambo did no such thing. He sat on his hands and just did lateral moves or moves that wouldn't help us. At least MacT MADE trades. Tambo was too scared to even touch his phone for crying out loud.

I understand the team hasn't improved in the standings, but you gotta give it time. Look what a simple Dubnyk for Hendricks trade did. It boosted the morale of the oilers. Imagine what a star talent like Thornton or Marleau (examples, not going to happen) or someone who knows about winning and can make a difference to our team. If the Oilers are struggling again by the 15 game mark of next season, change it up. But you can't wait too long into the season (like we did this season) to finally make a change.

Last edited by Paralyzer: 02-26-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote